Tuesday 25 October 2011

Film review: Dolphin tale

Time for the second film review. I was dragged to see this movie by a friend as I usually avoid blatantly sappy American movies, but who could say no to a free cinema ticket?
                This movie is based on a true story about Winter the dolphin who gets tangled in a fishing net and loses his tail and needs a prosthetic tail to replace it. As a huge animal lover I was surprised that I had never heard of this story before. This is a lovely sweet film for the whole family. It is the Free Willy for today's generation. (Also stars Winter herself!) It mixes amazing CGI with real filmed footage with such talent that I was left wondering if I had just seen CGI or real footage. I was sucked in by this little film and enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. It doesn't deliver any surprises but made me smile and brought a tear to my eye. Morgan Freeman's funny one liners were the icing on the cake for me. I won't be rushing to buy the DVD but will recommend this to all families with children and animal lovers. Three stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment