Saturday 15 October 2011

Kliché?

I think I have some explaining to do about why I stated I might be a walking, talking cliché. My life has followed a certain very well known pattern I have seen in several forms of media countless times. I was an outcast as a teenager and severely bullied for many years (a topic for another post) and to survive I started to feel strangely proud of my freak status. Due to my experiences I was diagnosed with depression and have been in therapy for many years and still go to this day. I have chosen to pursue a career in one of the hardest industries in the world and despite all my self doubt and fears I have unwavering feeling it is what I was meant to do. I will not stop trying until I get there. Oh and I waitress part-time. A waitress aspiring to be an actress. What is more clichéd than that?! Yet it is my reality.
             Thankfully as I have grown up over years I no longer take myself as seriously as I used to as a teenager. Sometimes you just have to laugh if only to keep sane. I have this inked on my skin. P.S It is misspelt on purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment